Recommended Reference books for CPT
Often people ask us : Which are the best reference books for CPT ?
Mainly ICAI study material is more than enough for your CPT preparations. Post that, you should solve all model test papers and past solved CPT papers.
Even after that if you may want to dive deeper into it, we’ve put down a list of recommended reference books for CPT below :
The best reference books for CPT are ;
- 10 Simulated Practice Sets for CA-CPT (Chartered Accountant – Common Proficiency Test) Arihant Books
- General Economics: For CA-Common Proficiency Test (CPT) by Deepashree Tata McGraw-Hill
- Quantitative Aptitude : For CA Common Proficiency Test CPT by Kashyap Trivedi, Chirag Trivedi Tata McGraw-Hill
- Fundamentals of Accounting for CA Common Proficiency Test (CPT) by P C Tulsian Tata McGraw-Hill
- Common Proficiency Test Mercantile Laws by P.P.S. GOGNA S Chand Publication
- Common Proficiency Test Quantitative Aptitude Statistics Volume-II by P.N. Arora, S. Arora S Chand Publication
- Common Proficiency Test Quantitative Aptitude Mathematics Volume-I by P.N. Arora, S. Arora S Chand Publication
- CA-CPT Mercantile Laws – Unitwise-Chapterwise Questions-Solutions (2012-2006) Arihant Books
- Tulsian’s Key To Unlock, CA-CPT Entrance CA by (Dr.) P.C. Tulsian , Bharat Jhunjhunwala S Chand Publication
- Common Proficiency Test Grewal’s Accountancy by Dr. M.P. Gupta , Dr. B.M. Agarwal , S Chand Publication.
Many also depend on Upkar Prakashan for all CPT subjects.
As always, if we missed something or if you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
The CA – Common Proficiency Test (CPT) syllabus consists of the below framework.
If you want to prepare for MCQ Question Bank then you need to cover the following topics :
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
I. Theoretical Framework:
- Meaning and Scope of Accounting,
- Accounting Concepts, Principles and Conventions,
- Accounting Standard – concepts, objectives, benefits,
- Accounting Policies and
- Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates.
Continue reading What’s the Syllabus for CPT exam preparation?
CPT is the acronym for Common Proficiency Test. Common Proficiency Test or The CPT as we call it is the first level of Chartered Accountancy examinations.
A person can register for CPT after completing HSC. Students who have passed their 10 + 2 can enroll for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT). Registrations for CPT are open all year round. Students have to ensure that they register at least 10 months before the examination.
Test Pattern and Subjects :
CPT covers four basic subjects divided into two sections. This test is of 200 marks. CPT is an objective type test with negative marking.It is an objective type examination and consists of 200 multiple choice questions(MCQs).
SESSION I (Two sections, two hours, 100 marks)
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 marks)
Section B: Mercantile Laws (40 marks)
SESSION II (Two sections, two hours, 100 marks)
Section C: General Economics (50 marks)
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
Every incorrect answer on the CPT exam carries a Continue reading What is CPT ?