CA CPT 2015 – Exam dates, Syllabus, Application Form, Pattern, Notification, Admit card and Preparation
ICAI CPT December 2015 syllabus, ICAI CA CPT December 2015 Exam Pattern , ICAI CPT December Exam Date 2015, CPT Dec. 2015 Syllabus, ICAI CPT Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2015
CA CPT December 2015 will be held on 14th December, 2015 (Sunday)
First Session (i.e. Morning Session): 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section – A: Fundamentals of Accounting
Section – B: Mercantile Laws
Second Session (i.e. Afternoon Session) 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section – C: General Economics
Section – D: Quantitative Aptitude
Apply online on website:- http://icaiexam.icai.org. The last date to register for CPT June 2015 Exams is 1st April 2015
For 2014 exam, the December attempt dates were from 7th October, 2015 [Tuesday] (10.00 hrs) to 28th October, 2015 [Tuesday] (17.30 hrs)
Application Fee:- Rs 500/- can be paid online through VISA or MASTER Credit/ Debit Card. Candidates will not be charged extra of Rs 500/- (i.e. cost of application form fee).
The Information brochure containing Common Proficiency Test application form will also be available at Regional and Branch Offices of the Institute and can be obtained there on cash payment of Rs 1000/- ( Rs 500/- towards examination fee and Rs 500/- towards cost of application form and Information brochure)
Common Proficiency Test application forms duly filled in may be sent so as to reach the Additional Secretary (Examinations) at New Delhi
CA CPT Syllabus
Candidates appearing for CA CPT exam should possess basic knowledge of subjects like fundamental accounting, mercantile law, quantitative aptitude and general economics.
Syllabus for all the mentioned subjects is as given below:-
SESSION – I
(Two Sections– Two hours – 100 Marks)
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 Marks )
1. Theoretical Framework
(i) Meaning and Scope of accounting
(ii) Accounting Concepts, Principles and Conventions
(iii) Accounting Standards – concepts, objectives, benefits
(iv) Accounting Policies
(v) Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates
2. Accounting Process
Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement
Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
5. Depreciation accounting
Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation
6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
7. Accounting for Special Transactions
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes
(d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
8. Partnership Accounts
Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
9. Introduction to Company Accounts
Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.
Section B: Mercantile Laws ( 40 Marks )
1. The Indian Contract Act , 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract , consideration , other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
2. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
3. The India Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners –Registration and dissolution of a firm.
SESSION – II
(Two Sections– Two hours – 100 Marks)
Section C: General Economics ( 50 Marks )
(I) Micro Economics
1. Introduction to Micro Economics
(a) Definition, scope and nature of Economics
(b) Methods of economic study
(c) Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2. Theory of Demand and Supply
(a) Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand ─ Price, income and cross elasticity
(b) Theory of consumer ’s behavior – Marshall Ian approach and Indifference curve approach
(c) Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply.
3. Theory of Production and Cost
(a) Meaning and Factors of production
(b) Laws of Production – The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale
(c) Concepts of Costs ─ Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
4. Price Determination in Different Markets
(a) Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
(b) Price determination in these markets.
(II) Indian Economic Development
5. Indian Economy – A Profile
(a) Nature of the Indian Economy
(b) Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth
(c) National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans.
(d) Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation
6. Select Aspects of Indian Economy
(a) Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth
(b) Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation
(c) Unemployment – Types, causes and incidence of unemployment
(d) Infrastructure ─ Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education
(f) Budget and Fiscal deficits
(g) Balance of payments
(h) External debts.
7. Economic Reforms in India
(a) Features of economic reforms since 1991
(b) Liberalisation, Privatisation and Disinvestment
8. Money and Banking
(a) Money – Meaning and functions
(b) Commercial Banks – Role and functions
(c) Reserve Bank of India – Role and functions, Monetary policy.
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks )
1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
Graphs of inequalities in two variables ─ common region.
4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications
5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
6. Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
7. Sets, Functions and Relations
8. Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach
9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
10. Statistical description of data
(a) Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
(b) Frequency Distribution.
(c) Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard
deviation, Quartile deviation
12. Correlation and Regression
13. Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
14. Theoretical Distributions
Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
15. Sampling Theory
Basic Principles of sampling theory , Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration ,
Errors in sample survey , Some important terms associated with sampling , Types of sampling , Theory of estimation , Determination of sample size .
16. Index Numbers
Latest updates of CA CPT June 2015 / December 2015 Exam Date-30% Passing Marks Rule
CA CPT 30% Passing Mark Rule :
1. Minimum of 30% marks in each of the four sections/subjects.
2. Minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of all the sections/subjects
CPT Preparation Tips :
- You must have an everyday routine of study.
- To score good in Accounts section, you must have god basics of 11th and 12th mathematics.
- Allocate time for each section and study it. Don’t focus on just one subject the whole day.
- Go through papers from previous exams to understand the type of questions that are asked in it.
- Practice time management as it is very crucial for this exam.
- Give your body proper rest otherwise the anxiety and stress can have bad effect on your body.
- Attempt as many as mock tests as possible.
CPT Mock Test Paper and Practice Model test papers.
2 thoughts on “CA CPT 2014, 2015 Exam dates, Syllabus, Application Form, Pattern, Notification, Admit card and Preparation”